Benefits to your school
- Families become familiar with school grounds and routines
- Work to overcome barriers to entering education spaces
- Enhance staff knowledge on engaging with families
- Opportunity for children and families to meet school staff
- Encourages trusted relationships between families and schools
- Enhances family-school-community partnerships.
Other advantages Play Steps will bring to your school include:
- strengthening links between families and other local childhood services
- opportunity to connect with first-time parents or parents new to the area
- engaging families who are from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
Play Steps Playgroups provide a mechanism to foster social capital and to build capacity within families to actively participate in school communities.